Di's Dipping Oil


I have to share this superbly (can you tell I like this word?) delicious dipping oil that I made tonight for part of our dinner to go along with the baguette that I bought yesterday. It reminds me of something they would serve to you in a fancy restaurant. It hits the spot for both the distinguished as well as the plain palette. I can't take credit for this recipe even though it is named...



Di's Dipping Oil


1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced

Mix all ingredients together. Enjoy! Can store in refrigerator up to 1 month. Bring to room temp before serving. Mix oil to blend seasonings, and pour into small shallow bowls or rimmed plates. Slice or tear bread into pieces and dip into oil to eat. Mmmmm!

<span class=
1 Response
  1. 5 ibarras Says:

    this reminds me of the dipping oil they serve at "buca di beppo" you tear your bread off the loaf and dip in this yummy vinegar and oil concoction and it's soooooo yummy!! i'll have to try it now that i have a recipe :)