Etude in E Major

Since I was recently on the subject of piano, I thought I'd share a video I just made. This is my Dad playing Etude in E Major at his Mom's funeral. That was her favorite song that he'd play. Since this is the original of him playing at the funeral it's not a super clear sound, but I still love to listen to it. I added a bunch of old family pics to look at while listening.

Some little tidbits: When my Dad was younger he used to practice for FOUR hours a day!!! He has performed a lot throughout his lifetime. I loved listening to my Dad playing his scales and a few piano pieces before he left for work each day. I really missed hearing that after he passed away. Anyway, enjoy:


1 Response
  1. Fireball Says:

    I love that song, and I love the way your father played it. Thanks for sharing that!