Letting Go

Saturday morning during breakfast Sarah decided she wasn't feeling well and ran to the bathroom to throw up. Yay. Poor girl. She went and lied down on the couch. Meanwhile I was getting plans made to take Sascha and his friend Jake to Skateland. Sarah insisted that she felt better and wanted to go. No way was she going. Hello? The boys ended up having a good time even though Jake only made one lap around the rink. Sascha made several and did really well at it. Afterwards we ran over to Six Star to see if they had anything good since the store is closing. And then over to Goodwill. I actually found a cute shirt and jacket for Apollo. Like new. Then we headed over to McDonalds for lunch and the boys played in the play area. There was a little three year old girl there that kept calling them "butthead." They didn't like it.


Sunday, early around 5-ish Sascha came into my room and said he'd just thrown up. I asked "where?" and he said "in the hallway." Yay again. Poor Sascha. I got him situated and back into bed and then spent the next hour (no kidding!) cleaning up the two huge red (not pink) throw up messes in the hallway. Later I found out that he had gotten into the tub of red licorice and maybe eaten more than he should have. Of course Apollo had to wake up around 6:30 so I didn't get much sleep at all, staying up late the night before. I ended up staying home with Sascha and Apollo from church.




Monday-break from "letting go."




Tuesday Sascha stayed home from School with a tummy ache. Later while while Apollo was playing in his room, I noticed that he looked like he may throw up so I grabbed an empty toy bucket quick and into the bucket went his breakfast. Yay. Poor Apollo! I gave him a bath and cleaned him up, got him dressed and he was happy again. He just didn't eat much at all for the rest of the day. A few cheerios and a sippy cup of water. Lindsay, my friend's daughter, came over around 3-ish so I could help her with campaign posters. She's running for press secretary at Ridgetop JH. This is how they turned out:

While we were working on the posters I got a call from Sarah saying she needed a ride home. Her stomach hurt too bad to ride the bus home. Luckily Lindsay was here and I could leave Apollo home (he was napping) so I could go pick up Sarah. Later Sarah woke from sleeping on the couch and started "letting go" right there. Yay. Poor Sarah! She's usually good about running to the bathroom. Luckily we have leather couches. Easy cleanup. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

1 Response
  1. Fireball Says:

    Yikes! I hope the kids are feeling better today, and that you don't get it!

    Marilee