Apollo Conquers!

con·quer (kngkr)
v. con·quered, con·quer·ing, con·quers

To overcome or surmount by physical, mental, or moral force: I finally conquered my fear of heights.
To be victorious; win.

Apollo is on cloud nine these days. It all started when I walked into the kitchen and there he was sitting on the open door of the dishwasher. I had to see exactly how he did it, thus the video... His next feat was in the living room where we have an old antique chest as a barrier so he can't escape. Again, he victoriously conquered that as well. I look over, surprised, to see him up on top of the chest standing so proudly and grinning ear to ear. And lastly (I'm sure there will be many more victories), I was mixing up waffles this morning while he was sitting quite nicely in his high chair. I haven't buckled him in yet because #1 I haven't figured a good way to make the straps tighten up good (it's an Ikea model) and #2 He's never shown that he could get out. Mistake on my part. Lesson learned. Anyway, I turn around and there he is standing up in his highchair tall as a flag pole with that proud smile again. I'm sure he was thinking to himself, "Mom's going to be SO PROUD of me!" I tried not to freak out, but Sarah and Sascha both heard me and had to see what the ruckus was. Oh my! There's never a dull moment here at the Gardner Villa!

0 Responses