Oregon Coast

My brother had a business trip down the coast so I just HAD to invite myself. If I hadn't, I could never have forgiven myself.



It's tradition to eat at Mo's when we visit Cannon Beach:



When entering the area there's a horseback riding farm and a little camping area where you can drive through and spot wild bunnies everywhere.Beautiful Haystack Rock




I had to take a picture of our honeymoon hotel which we got to enjoy 12 years ago. It was also my very first trip to Oregon. And Washington too for that matter.

I know this looks disgusting but it's the clam chowder from Mo's. It's very yummy!


One of Apollo's favorite people in the whole wide world: Ungle Deeb:

While we were at Mo's, I noticed this picture hanging up of the Extreme Makeover Home Edition team. I guess Mo's catered to them while they were re-doing a home in Corvallis July '07. Sadly, the little girl who had cancer passed away in December.


Watch out for the BIG GIANT APOLLO!







We stopped off in Ocean Park, WA for an inspection and decided to try out the sand. Unfortunately we got stuck. Fortunately a kind fellow helped us out with his truck:

He preferred the sand and water much more than the swing:



He 's showing off his Tai-Chi moves:


And now he summons the water:



It did obey:

He's always wanted to grow some facial hair:

Seaside boardwalk:
It was actually pretty chilly but we were trying to act like we were boiling up:
didn't really look like it though. I guess we didn't know how to fake it very well:



After waking up Apollo and I went out for a nice morning walk along the boardwalk. Our hotel was just a few blocks from Broadway, which is very convenient. Here's some of the signs we saw along the way:


And Apollo got a nice "bird show" (people feeding the birds loaves of bread):


We had a great time and ended up stopping in Aberdeen, Ocean Park and Ilwaco, WA. We also stopped in Astoria, Warrenton, Seaside and Cannon Beach, OR. What a fun business trip! I'll gladly invite myself again. Thanks Deeb!!!
0 Responses