One of Those Days...

Have you ever had one of those days where things don't quite go as planned? I know, dumb question. Anyway, I had one of those days today. I woke up feeling well rested from a great nights sleep (unlike the night before when I couldn't get to sleep until 3am because it was so hot even with the fan blowing). Later on after breakfast I grabbed my notebook and wrote down everyone's chores for the day (including mine). Since I've been so busy lately, I haven't taken the time to plan out my menus. That was one of my chores, along with grocery shopping (having food in the house is a good thing). I figured I could make up my menu while Apollo took his nap and then go grocery shopping after he woke up. It didn't quite happen that way.

As I was in the kitchen loading the dishwasher, I could hear Apollo calling my name. It sounded faint, so I acted quickly. I hurried to his bedroom and noticed Sascha's room divider was tipped over I thought Apollo was stuck underneath, but no Apollo. On my way to their room I noticed a strong smell. As I made my way into our bedroom the scent got stronger. I noticed the bathroom door was shut and the lights were on. I knew Apollo must be up to no good. Boy was I right! This is what I saw:

click pics to view larger

His first words to me in a very proud Apollo tone were, "I painted my nails Mommy." I was shocked and very annoyed, but at the same time couldn't help but laugh at how cute he was, thinking he was such a big boy.

How do you think he made such amazing designs?

He loves wearing everyone's shoes and on this particular occasion, had been wearing Steve's sandals. I didn't even attempt to get the polish off. It would have been a nightmare and I thought Steve would appreciate their new character.

Who would have thought that such a little bottle of polish could make such a huge mess?

Montana and Sarah were such a great help and bathed Apollo while I cleaned up the mess. All I could think about was how grateful I was that none of it got on our bedroom carpet. It could have been so much worse! It only took me about 30 minutes of good scrubbin' with cotton balls and nail polish remover.



My cell phone was ringing while I was scrubbing away. Little did I know that it was Duncan trying to let me in on the good news: THAT THEY ARE STAYING HERE IN WASHINGTON!!! I was so excited hearing the news that I could have cleaned up the nail polish mess 38 more times in a row and still be happy! It wasn't but almost two months ago that I was crying my eyes out after the blow that they were moving back to Utah. Mind you, the day before that, my brother David who lived in Silverdale at the time, let me know that they would be moving back to Utah within two weeks time. So you can understand why I was crying my eyes out. Double whammy. I am overjoyed with Duncan and Kaitlyn's decision. Yay!!! I know it's a little disappointing for those folks who would have been so lucky to have them back in Utah. I guess that means you'll have to come visit us all. Oh yeah!

We love you Duncan and Kaitlyn (aka: Jemima's)!!! We're always here for you and are so happy that we'll be able to keep creating amazing memories with you. Welcome Home 8-)

And if you're wondering if I got my menu made up and grocery shopping done, the answer is no.

2 Responses
  1. Fireball Says:

    Oh, Apollo! It's a good thing you're cute!

  2. I can't even imagine coming up on a mess like that and trying to keep my head from popping off and flying around the room. Apollo must keep you on your toes.