Meeting Up with the Cuzin's



I really didn't get to see my cousins much while growing up since they lived in Virginia and we, in Utah. On occasion they would fly over for a visit. It was much easier for them to make the trip with three kids, than us with ten kids. I did get to spend a whole summer with my cousins all by myself though. We had a blast. We did all the sites imaginable: White House, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Smithsonian, Air & Space Museum, etc... And my Aunt took me to get my ears pierced! My Momma wanted me to wait until I was thirteen, but my Aunt talked her into it and I was only ten. My Aunt even signed me up for swim lessons with my cousins at their country club. Such great memories.

While there we made up nicknames for each other. Now I'm having a senior moment and can't remember mine. But Marcus was Mucous and April was Lady Ape. Michael Burke was too old for that stuff, being about six years older than I.

We miss having Marcus and his family around. They used to live in Lacey, but moved back east about five years ago (yes, they're military). So when I heard they would be in town for just a short while (before heading off on an Alaskan cruise), we jumped at the chance to meet up.

Meeting point: Owen Beach in Point Defiance. Funny enough, right when we pulled into the parking lot, Steve spotted this license plate frame. And no, it didn't belong to them. What a coincidence eh?


Caren (his lovely wife with bun in the oven) and Marcus:


I didn't know April would be there too. She lives in Portland and drove up to also be with them. April and my Auntie came up to visit us a month or so ago. It was great to see them both. I hadn't seen April in years. She just moved to Portland last year.


Here are Marcus and Caren's adorable kiddles: on the left, Kate, second oldest (it was her birthday!), and Hannah, oldest:

Carson is next and is a spittin' image of his daddy:

And then cute Bella:

It was great visiting. It was like they had never left.


Photobucket
1 Response
  1. Kaitlyn Says:

    It looks like you had a great time! Sorry we stole Momma Fyffe away!