What a hectic day for me, Halloween. To begin with, it was going to be my first day to sort of sleep in since I'd been getting up with the kids all week. The kids get to wear their costumes to school and Sascha was distraught over the fact that he couldn't find the jacket to his costume. Steve, Sascha and I searched in every nook and cranny, but no luck. He ended up missing his bus so Steve took him to school. I assured him that I would run by Value Village and pick him up a different one before he would need to have it for the parading around the school.
So I bypassed Apollo's morning nap so we could go tackle the task at hand. Luckily I found a decent jacket and was able to run it to his school. When I got there he notified me that he left his mask at home so I got to go run home (only two minutes away from the school luckily!), grab it and take it back to him.

After that I needed to go buy some groceries and while my cart was mostly full I got a call from Sarah's school asking me to come pick her up. She was curled up with stomach pains and a bad headache. Poor girl. She had to miss her Halloween party that she was really looking forward to. As soon as I got her home she lied down on the couch. I gave her some Tylenol for her headache then ran outside to grab the groceries out of the van. When I came back up she had thrown up all over the floor. Poor girl. I sent her to the tub and I cleaned up the carpet. After her bath she napped until about 5:30pm. By then it was time to get ready for trick-or-treating.
She said she felt a lot better and was able to go. We trick-or-treated in our neighborhood and ended up being out for about 2 1/2 hours. I strolled Apollo the whole way. We tagged along with my friend Shannon and her son Jake who live right around the corner from us.
It was a perfect night. It had been raining earlier in the day and by 6pm there was no sign of it. The sky was clear, the air was crisp and the fog was just starting to come out. It set the tone for a spooky night! It wasn't even cold either. And the air smelled of wood stoves burning. I loved it!
It turned out to be a great day. My legs were spent by the time I hopped into bed. But first I gave myself a nice foot massage.
2 Responses
  1. So fun Diana! We saw a group of high school kids dressed up as teletubbies. Apollo looks so cute! Sad for Sarah! Aubs got sick too. :( At least you guys were able to go out and have fun that night! Isn't the day to day school schedule crazy! I am still getting used to taking Aubrey everyday after 6 years of doing whatever I wanted! :)

  2. Lisa Says:

    That doesn't sound like the best Halloween ever! But, I'm guessing it wasn't the worst either. Love the pics!