Caramel Apples

For Family Home Evening I wanted to make caramel apples and play the game Apples to Apples. I've never made caramel apples so I thought I'd better do a little research online first. I found the best recipe here at the Kraft website, which was also on the back of the bag of caramels.
***A few tips: I ended up chilling my apples an hour before. It helps the caramel to stick better. After dipping them I placed them on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking sheet. It worked like a beauty. They peeled right up. When you're ready to eat them, try using an apple slicer. You get a taste of caramel in every bite. Plus, if you have bad teeth, it's much easier to eat.
The picture above is my very first attempt at dipping. Not bad eh? I think we'll make this a continuing Gardner tradition.
The kids didn't mind eating the
apples right off the stick.
Our adopted family, the Holcombs, came over to partake in the festivities as well. We had some good laughs and cries while playing Apples to Apples. My favorite part was when Jayce was pronouncing Adam Sandler as Adam Slander (when he was younger he used to call hot dogs: hot dongs). Thanks for the entertainment Jayce!
LaRee preferred eating them sliced up.





1 Response
  1. looks like you had a full day sister...and those apples look divine..pass me one would you? thanks for the tip on them as well..have a great week...")