My New Babies

Remember this post: "Patiently Waiting for Me."

Well, I have new babies.
But they aren't what I was hoping for from my previous post.
In fact, they aren't even Asics!
They're Brooks!
I never thought I'd veer from Asics but the professionals gave me the best options for my foot type and from those three particular styles (one from Asics, Nike and Brooks), I chose these:




They felt the best over the other two.
I have 90 days if I decide they're not working out.


They have "Shoe Dog" which is a free service where they find the perfect-fitting running or walking shoes for you, reducing injuries, eliminating blisters and running in total comfort (can you tell I pulled that from their ad).

They have you run or walk barefoot on a treadmill while they videotape your feet so they're able to analyze your foot placement. They then show you the footage on a big screen and watch in slow-motion how you run/walk. They also have you stand on a pad that is heat/weight sensitive and measures the amount of weight that is distributed throughout your feet. I found that my left foot carries 45% of my weight, while my right is 55%.

For my feet, they suggested custom insoles which they mold to your feet while there and you take home immediately. They're good for 1 1/2 years and have a 30 day money back guarantee. They also have pre-made insoles that might be a better fit for some people. 

I felt the custom insoles were definitely worth it since I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and I had a sore foot after my last 6.5 mile run.

So with doing the analysis, the shoes I had my heart set on would have been "over-supporting" for my feet and could have caused problems. My friends' analysis revealed that they would have been a good match for her though. 


If you've never been to Road Runner, they have two locations here in Washington:



Kent Station
444 Ramsay Way, Ste 114
Kent, WA 98032
(253) 850-6200


Seattle
7020 Woodlawn Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98115
(206) 517-5100



Make sure you try out "Shoe Dog." It's definitely worth it.


Your feet will thank you. 
0 Responses