There's Sickness in the Air, People Dying Everywhere...

A few weeks ago illness began to ravage our home.
It all started with Sarah waking up one morning in tears because of ear pain. I gave her some Tylenol and a heating pad to ease her pain. Within an hour both of her eardrums ruptured. Nothing I wasn't versed in already since she's gone through this before as a wee young lassie. Later on we ended up taking her into Prompt Care from the pain being so great, only to find that both of her ears were infected. I also noticed her right eye was starting to swell. They paid no attention.

The following morning Sarah awoke to her eye being swollen completely shut. Back to the doctor we went, but this time to her own pediatrician. The diagnosis: periorbital cellulitis. He let us know how serious of an infection this was and said that had we not come in as quickly as we did, she probably would have been hospitalized with orbital cellulitis. ***I have to add how caring and sweet her doctor was. He reached over and gave her a hug and kissed her forehead after explaining what was going to happen. After realizing how serious this was, Sarah had no complaints about getting the injections (in her rear...ouch!) she would endure for three days in a row. Although she did express how the medication actually going into her bloodstream stung much more than the needle poking into her skin. On that first day she had to get blood cultures done as well. THAT was difficult for her since she was very weak to begin with and they had to draw large amounts of blood. 

Pictures taken each day at the doctors office:






It wasn't until day 4 that she was able to open her eye a little bit. It took a few more days after that for her to completely open her eye.


Watching Sarah go through this has been heart-wrenching for me, from all the pain and suffering she has endured. A parent never wants to see their child have to go through ANY pain. I would have much rather gone through it for her. I know there's a reason for everything. Lessons to learn. With that, I feel as though this experience has drawn me closer to Sarah and my love for her has grown even more than it was before. I was also reminded of how much my Heavenly Father loves me and how much it must have pained him to see His son, Jesus Christ suffer as He did in the Garden of Gethsemane.
It was all part of the plan and He knew it had to be done.
I'm so grateful for all of my blessings.
For the returning health of Sarah.
For my three healthy children.
For my husband.
For
ALL
that
I
have.


Life is good.


3 Responses
  1. Emilee Says:

    I'm so sorry to hear that Sarah had to go through all that (and you). I'm so glad you got her into the dr. in time and that she is on the mend. Send her a hug and a kiss from us! Love you all!


  2. Kaitlyn Says:

    Poor SIB!!!!! I'm glad that she is on the mend...except for those crazy headaches! Those need to go away!!! Love the new blog layout!


  3. Shama Says:

    Oh, Diana, I'm sorry for the pain your sweet baby had to endure. No matter the age, our kids are always our babies. When they hurt, we hurt. So glad that she is doing well.